Ask An Agent- Off-Road Recreational Vehicles

Hi, I’m Taylor. And today we’re going to talk about off road recreational vehicles. So this would include your ATVS, your dirt bikes, your Can-Ams, your Razors, things along those lines.

So yet the state doesn’t mandate you to carry this insurance. It’s always a good idea to carry the insurance because one, if you hit somebody else while you’re out there riding and you potentially hurt somebody, the insurance would pay for that. It kind of works just like an auto policy that would cover bodily injury for the other person. And it would also cover property damage in case you did damage their ATV or their dirt bike or whatever it is so you’re not coming out of pocket for that information or later on, they can’t sue you and take you to court and then you have to pay all those costs out of pocket, obviously, then you can carry it for yourself.

So if you have a really expensive razor, that’s like anywhere from, you know, 30 to 40 grand, whatever it is and you go out and you damage that vehicle, now you’re out of pocket for thousands and thousands worth of damage. But if you have a policy on it, then you only have to pay your deductible, which could be, you know, 500, 1000, is all you have to pay. And then the insurance company would obviously pay the rest. So it works just like an auto policy. And obviously, then it would also help you cover any medical payments in case you or a loved one is on the back with you or end with you and you roll over or you hurt yourself, then both of you can be covered for medical payments as well.

If you have any questions, please give us a call and we’ll be happy to help you. Thank you.

We’d be happy to review your insurance coverage options with you! Give us a call at (702) 646-2082 or visit